Salatul Tasbeeh - Prayer to seek forgiveness from all sins
Benefits of Salatul Tasbeeh
Our Beloved Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father's brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)
Method to perform Salatul Tasbeeh
This salaat (namaz) is offered in four raka'at at a time and can be read in any part of the day and night besides Zawal and Sunrise and Sunset makrooh times, keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salat (namaaz).
The Tasbeeh to be read in Salaatul Tasbeeh
" Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar "
Goal is to recite above Tasbeeh 300 times in four Raka'at of Salat with the following method.
- 1. After beginning the salah by saying Allah-u-Akbar recite the thana, Sura al-Fatiha and a Sura followed by the above tasbih 15 times.
- 2. Then go into Ruku and after reciting the usual tasbih for ruku, recite the above tasbih 10 times.
- 3. After standing up from ruku, recite the usual Rabbana Lakal Hamd and thereafter recite the tasbih 10 times.
- 4. Then go into Sajda and after reciting the usual tasbih for sajda recite the above tasbih 10 times.
- 5. Then sit up from sajda and recite the tasbih 10 times between the two sajdas.
- 6. Thereafter go into sajda again and after reciting the usual tasbih for sajda recite the above tasbih 10 times.
- 7. Then sit after the 2nd sajda (i.e. before standing up for the second rak`ah) and recite the tasbih 10 times.
- This adds up to 75 times in one rak'ah. Do the same for the remaining 4 raka'at.
Special notes regarding Salatul Tasbeeh
When performing Salat-ul-Tasbeeh, the normal Takbeers and Tasbeehs of Ruku, Sajda, etc. are separate from that of the extra Tasbeehs. The Tasbeeh that must be recited 75 times in each Rakaat is 'additional'. Therefore, you must say Allaahu Akbar (like normally) when moving from one posture to another in any of the Rakaats.
Thanaa and Ta'awwudh is only recited in the beginning of the first Rakaat of any Salat. Only Tasmiyyah should be recited at the beginning of the other Rakaats after reciting the Tasbeeh 15 times.